Music Monday

I love all music. The only American genres that rarely make an appearance on my iPod are bluegrass and country. Although I do enjoy a lot of main stream country like Rascal Flatts and  Tim McGraw.

Rap/Hip hop is my favorite music to listen to. Growing up in Southern California, I was introduced to all the classic West coast rappers of the 90's. 

A lot can be said about how much hip hop music has changed over the last fifteen years. Too much, in fact.

But, for today, I want to pay homage to Tupac Shakur - a rapper who gave life of the surrealist struggle of a young kid growing up in the ghetto. He painted a picture of the ugly realities, and elevated his music to relay deeper life lessons. 

One of the many reasons I love hip hop so much is a rapper's ability to take poetry and infuse it with the raw emotions of surviving. 

These lyrics give hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interior Tuesday

Thursday Theme - Barbecue!