Music Monday

This Music Monday I was inspired by the chilling fall classic film, The Nightmare Before Christmas. I was terrified of the "Boogey Man" when I was a kid! So I absolutely love this funky, jamming version of him.





I've often wondered if Jack Skellington is Tim Burton's characterization of himself. Jack, an optimistic undead skeleton from Halloweentown, grows restless with his lifestyle of fear-inducing haunts, after stumbling upon the land of Christmas. There, he finds laughter & joy with no trace of the paranormal gore he is accustomed to. Jack is deeply enamored by the ideal of Christmas, and devises a plan to build his own version - in which he is the new Santa Clause. However, Jack finds that it's not so easy to deviate from his usual ways, and the darkness of his imagination simply follows him. 

Perhaps Burton alludes so often to the wicked side because he finds it inevitable. I can only wonder if he, like Jack, is someone who craves goodness - but finds it always becomes tainted. 

Whatever the root, I love Burton's creepy, twisted claymation monstrosities. However plagued the mastermind may be, he welcomes us into all of his mysterious & fantastical worlds with a spooky seduction that is positively irresistible. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interior Tuesday

Thursday Theme - Barbecue!