Sasha Go Hard

We have been lucky enough to witness a reemergence of phenomenal female rappers lately. We've got range from Cardi & Meg, to Noname & Rhapsody, to Renni Rucci & LightskinKeisha, just to name a few. But the girls are most certainly out here and we LOVE to see it. I would like to take a moment to appreciate Sasha Go Hard.

This Detroit-based gem is a real one, as explained on her 2018 "No Problems" album . I want her to be great. I love her story, her voice (& accent), and her music. Sasha Go Hard tells the all-too-familiar plight of a young Black woman with a daughter to mold.

"Done Being Nice" & "Shake" are two of her most popular singles and my personal favorites. These tracks are found on her second album of 2018, "Make America Ratchet Again", which is obviously an amazing title, and the anthem this nation actually deserves. 

"The Porch" on MARA is a perfect song, descriptive of hood life and nostalgia. The hook is catchy and sung in a pretty soprano which contrasts with the hardness of her bars. I hear a little bit of Eminem influence in "Boy story" with the story-telling formula. (Maybe a nod to Detroit's big brother & OG?) 

The only thing I'd hold against Sasha is the language. I would love to see some development in her lyricism because it is clear she has a big voice with a lot to share. This could be argued about a TON of artists but I know Sasha has the venom to deliver more sickening lines. It shows in many of her bars but often the hook is lacking, or just doesn't quite pack the punch I would expect from her overall demeanor. 


 Overall, she is super talented and I can't wait for the glow-up.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capone Bone Madison 3/17/11 - 5/25/19

I Love Lil Wayne