Forward Thinking Friday

"The goals you set are in front of you, not above you."


-Anonymous



I met the most incredible individual today. A beautiful young lady, inside and out, who I'll call Summer, made the most poignant impression on me.

Coming from a horrendous upbringing (a mother who told her she no longer had any interest in raising her at the tender age of 13 and a father who refused to play any part in Summer's life), this person has the most positive views on life. Living in various church-run facilities and public communes, Summer spends a large majority of her time volunteering and helping others in need, when she is not working diligently to earn a living. It is amazing to see someone so young (she's 20) dedicate so much of herself, and to have such substance instilled. She has overcome many trials, but is now ready to begin her next step in becoming the professional she has long envisioned.

Because I work at a college, I am in a position to see people pursuing their dreams. Stories like Summer's continue to inspire me, and prove that all objectives are attainable. She is so excited to begin our program, and I am honored to be contributing to her success in a small way. Let Summer be a reminder that no matter how far-fetched a goal is, you can attain it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interior Tuesday

Thursday Theme - Barbecue!