Music MONDAY

As we start the week, I want to bring some attention to my man E-40, one of my all-time favorite rappers. You may also know him as E Feasible, 40 Water, or Earl Stevens. I absolutely love this guy and this is why:


"You hear them talkin' salty 'bout (40)Water, don't just sit there, and let 'em murder mouf yo pahtna!"
("If we're friends, don't let people talk shit about me")

"Where you be buyin yo hats from? - I buy 'em from Lids."

"I don't fly private jets; I fly Southwest!"

Hilarious.  He's as real and down-to-earth as you could possibly stay after twenty-five years in the rap game. Count up the albums. There have been twenty-two released to date, and as he says it himself - "I'm an old schooler and a new comer."

From the countless collabo's with fellow legend Too Short, to pioneering his own wine label, the hustler turned investor can not be stopped.

The Bay Area's finest is a magician with the lyrics, speaks directly to the people, and exposes the raw talent stemming from much humbler beginnings. ("Balogna sandwich, used to peel the mold off the bread".)


He tiptoes around nothing and truly tells it like it is. Much love, Forty. Thanks for being an inspiration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capone Bone Madison 3/17/11 - 5/25/19

Sasha Go Hard

I Love Lil Wayne